Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
The position includes the following duties:
- assist with the observation and analysis of developments in Australian security policy, defence industry, defence-related research and innovation policies,
- assist in reporting, prepare status and progress reports,
- assist in the implementation of individual projects in the field of security, armament and defence policy,
- assist with the preparation, organisation and implementation of official visits from Germany and official events,
- process applications for meetings, answer citizen enquiries,
- perform administrative duties and routine tasks of the Defence Attaché office,
- perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and skills required for this position:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent,
- relevant work experience is desirable,
- good knowledge of German (reading, and writing),
- very good knowledge of English (speaking, reading, and writing),
- very good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications,
- willingness to work flexible working hours as required,
- ability to work in a team, resilience, good organizational skills,
- good communication skills in liaising with authorities and enterprises,
- professionalism and engaging demeanour in an intercultural environment,
Candidates who are not Australian citizens must already have a valid Australian visa with work permit, sponsorship by the Embassy is not possible.
Candidates must agree to complete a security background check prior to employment.
The appointment will initially be on the basis of a one-year contract, with the possibility of extension.
The work contract is based on local law and will be as per the standard contract terms of the German missions in Australia. The salary is based on the salary scheme for locally employed staff of the German missions in Australia. It is comparable to level 5-1 in the APS.
Written applications (detailed CV, letter of motivation, copy of diplomas/degrees, references, copy of passport, non-Australians: copy of Australian visa/work permit) can be submitted by e-mail only (all attachments in .pdf format, max. size 10 MB) by May 19th, 2022 at the latest to
Only complete application will be considered. We will only be contacting candidates who will be invited to an interview. We regret we are unable to refund travel expenses arising from interviews.
Information about the German Embassy can be found online at www.australia.diplo.de .