The position includes the following duties:
- assist with the observation and analysis of developments in Australian security policy, defence industry, defence-related research and innovation policies,
- assist in reporting, prepare status and progress reports,
- assist in the implementation of individual projects in the field of security, armament and defence policy,
- assist with the preparation, organisation and implementation of official visits from Germany and official events,
- process applications for meetings, answer citizen enquiries,
- perform administrative duties and routine tasks of the Defence Attaché office,
- perform other related duties as required
Qualifications and skills required for this position:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent,
- relevant work experience is desirable,
- good knowledge of German (reading, and writing),
- very good knowledge of English (speaking, reading, and writing),
- very good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications,
- willingness to work flexible working hours as required,
- ability to work in a team, resilience, good organizational skills,
- good communication skills in liaising with authorities and enterprises,
- professionalism and engaging demeanour in an intercultural environment,
Candidates who are not Australian citizens must already have a valid Australian visa with work permit, sponsorship by the Embassy is not possible.
Candidates must agree to complete a security background check prior to employment.
The appointment will initially be on the basis of a one-year contract, with the possibility of extension.
The work contract is based on local law and will be as per the standard contract terms of the German missions in Australia. The salary is based on the salary scheme for locally employed staff of the German missions in Australia. It is comparable to level 5-1 in the APS.
Please send your written application with the following documents
- letter of motivation,
- detailed curriculum vitae,
- evidence of educational or vocational qualifications (e.g. diplomas),
- employment references or letters of recommendation,
- copy of passport and proof of Australian visa (if applicable)
by 3 October 2023 exclusively by e-mail to:
Note: Please attach all documents in .pdf-format to your e-mail. The max. file size of your e-mail including attachments must not exceed 10 MB.
Only complete applications will be considered. Only applicants who are invited to an interview will receive notification. Travel costs will not be covered.
Information about the German Embassy can be found here: www.australia.diplo.de
Information on data protection according to Article 13 of the EU Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) can be found here: https://australien.diplo.de/au-en/datenschutz
* * *