FAQ - Frequently asked questions


Please read the information on our website carefully. We do appreciate that it might be easier for you to ask questions. However, we do not have sufficient staff capacity to respond to every query. Please understand that we will not respond to questions already answered on our website.


Here are answers to the most frequently asked questions about moving to, and taking up employment in, Germany as a skilled worker.

Moving to Germany as a skilled worker

“VEVO” is short for Visa Entitlement Verification Online and provides information about a foreigner's Australian visa status.

The German missions in Australia need a VEVO for a number of application, e.g. passports, citizenship applications and others. It is always needed when you have to show that you legally reside in Australia. It is also used as proof that the applicant has not applied for Australian citizenship.

How can I get my VEVO?

  1. Go on the following website: http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/busi/visas-and-migration/visa-entitlement-verification-online-(vevo)
  2. Click: Check your own visa details with VEVO
  3. Enter your passport/ visa details
  4. Convert the electronic VEVO in a pdf document and print it.
Top of page